Wonder-filled”
developmental programs
for ages 2 and older , designed to provide children with wholesome hands-on learning opportunities that encompass home, farm and nature experiences.


Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Busy Spring

Spring on the Farm is busy indeed. Caleb took the past two weeks to focus on getting the garden planted. He made a lot of progress - and still has lots more to do. But now I have the privilege of having two weeks to try to rest my back which has not responded well to chiropractry or physical therapy. Summer is just around the corner and I really want, and need to be in full form. We have trails to clear, gardens to weed and pens to build among many other things that require strong backs. Now my daughter-in-law is trying cranial sacral therapy on me - it should cause the fluid around the spinal column to function at it's best, which should really help my entire body. I hope!






So, although I've been doing some work from home, I have two weeks away from the usual busy routine and it amazes me how much I miss those kids! I thought I'd love this break, and actually I do, but it's all I can do, to keep myself from visiting them, maybe have lunch or go for a hike after school! I won't do it though, because I know myself, and 1/2 hour will turn into 1 hour and then 2 and 3 and aw heck, I might as well stay all day, and then I'll be sorry because I really do need to take advantage of the opportunity to get better.





One thing I've been doing is working on our Summer and Fall Schedules. Our roster has filled right up. We are working on a waiting list now, except for a few part time openings. It's so encouraging to know that parents value the outdoor farm environment. Children are healthier, happier and smarter the more they are exposed to the natural world. Check the blog and website we follow, The Children and Nature Network. It is full of information that supports the benefits of the outdoor world. Anyone who is concerned about all the troubles that children are having with ADD and ADHD and overuse of video games and other screen activities should check it out. Oftentimes the simpler way is the better way ; )


~* In Simplicity,

Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment